The Sales & Reservations role is primarily responsible for ensuring the answering of enquiries with the goal of turning them into paid reservations
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with other team members to help achieve Goodstays strategic outcomes, business goals and objectives.
- Planning, organising and communicating with team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Answer all enquiries for accommodation received by either phone or email into the Goodstays portfolio. Enquiries must be replied to daily when received within the parameters set.
- Performing tasks as listed through Outlook through the hour to hour schedule.
- Emulating the Goodstays Queenstown & Goodstays Wanaka Limited brand ethos in their service and interaction with all clients – that is, customer focused, take ownership.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Previous experiences working in a team of sales, reservations and hospitality essential.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms / guest management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of performance based sales, booking processes and procedures.
- Ability to hit targets and maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service / hospitality.
- Capable of using independent judgement/solid decision-making skills ability.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates and clientele both inside and outside of the organisation.
- A full driving licence
- Must live in the Wanaka and be able to travel and work in Queenstown.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)must have experience with Escapia / HomeAway booking system or other CRM systems.
- Demonstrated sound organisational, co-ordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working weekends and public holidays.
- Education and Formal Training
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in all aspects of sales, reservations, plus any guest services and hospitality