Search Jobs in Wanaka and Central Otago
We are after an experienced chef to join the team at our busy burger restaurant.
You will be in charge of preparing fresh ingredients, running the hot line, overseeing service and managing stock. The role requires someone who is fast on their feet, happy to work in a busy team environment and who intends to stay in Wanaka long-term.
Cooking experience is essential - we need someone with good knife skills, experience in food safety practices, a clear mind under pressure and an ability to adapt and work in a number of areas of the kitchen.
ABOUT US We are a small but very busy locally owned and operated burger restaurant in beautiful Wanaka, NZ. We have been serving up Wanaka's best burgers for over 15 years! Our entire menu is prepared from scratch daily using fresh ingredients from local suppliers. Our full time crew usually work a 4 on 3 off roster at around 40-45 hours per week.
Please only apply if you: - are a NZ resident or hold a current NZ work visa - live locally or have plans in place to relocate to Wanaka in the short term
We are looking for instructors to help run our BikeReady programme in primary schools in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Instructors will report to the Lead Instructor and will be responsible for teaching small groups of primary school aged children bike skills and safety.
The role includes:
- Working with primary aged children.
- Presenting and demonstrating bike skills and safety to children.
- Taking small groups of children on bike rides within school grounds as well as roads.
The job is fixed term, part time variable hours, starting in Term 4 of the school terms.Successful applicants will have:
- Previous experience working with children.
- Experience in a teaching, training or instructing role.
- Ability to cycle competently and confidently (recent regular experience in a variety of traffic conditions).
- Strong understanding of safety and awareness of surroundings and ability to stay calm in all situations.
- Friendliness, tolerance and empathy for learners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, take direction and follow Policies and Procedures.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good knowledge of the New Zealand road code, cyclist code and road rules.
- Commitment to increasing cycling in NZ and talking about the benefits of cycling.
- Flexibility with work hours/days.
- Current first-aid qualification (ideal but if you do not have one this is okay).
- A good working bike.
- Clean criminal record.
- Own transport.
- Legally able to work in NZ.
Successful applicants will be required to attend training days prior to working in the schools. This will be held locally. If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to Lily Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 380 4657 for further information. Applications close on Friday 25th September.
An exciting opportunity to become a Jet boat Driver on Lake Wanaka and the Clutha River.
To succeed in this role you will need to have dedication, fantastic customer service, a great work ethic and a full clean NZ Drivers Licence.
This is a fixed term contact for the summer seasons with a minimum two season contract. You do not need experience in Jet boat driving as full training will be given. However basic/intermediate mechanical skills and knowledge are required.
Training options are available for an immediate start. We operate seven days a week, therefore applicants must be able to work weekends and public holidays. A fit and proper person check and pre-employment drug testing will be part of the interview process for potential candidates.
If you want to be part of a fun team, love working outdoors and enjoy interacting with people - then please contact us today for further information.
Burrito Craft Wanaka are looking for a chef hand to join our friendly team. The position will initially be part time 25 hours minimum until we can forecast for the future a little better.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business offering work/lifestyle balance in Wanaka. What we can offer:
- Work/lifestyle balance
- 25+ hours per week
- Fun, friendly and hard working team environment
- Good rates of pay Roles
- Prepping fresh food daily in a timely manner
- Cooking food during lunch/dinner shifts
- Stock rotation and maintaining a clean working environment
- Ordering and stock take
- Maintain health and safety standards and records
You will have:
- Previous experience in a kitchen
- A hard working attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen with a small close knit team
- Passion for food trucks and/or Mexican street food
About Burrito Craft A Mexican food truck based in beautiful Wanaka in the South Island of New Zealand. Established in 2015 and forever growing. Burrito Craft has a main trailer on Brownston St and also a catering and events trailer for for functions, weddings and events. Started by a husband and wife team. Operating 7 days per week serving lunch and dinner. Visit www.burritocraft.co.nz for more info